Reliable AC Repair in Cypress & Houston, TX
AC repair is essential to solving performance problems with your air conditioning system. When your AC fails in Harris County, it’s serious. You need fast AC repair because air conditioning isn’t a luxury; in Houston, it’s a necessity.
The licensed professionals at Horizon Air Solutions can provide customized repairs based on the needs of your broken AC system. During a repair visit, we’ll focus on the system’s problem(s) and offer the necessary solutions.
We’ll work with you by offering convenient financing options, subject to approved credit.
Signs You Need Air Conditioner Repair
If you see water pooling near your AC unit, that’s a sign of leaks or mold causing moisture issues with the system. Other signs you need AC repair include:
- Air feels muggy and uncomfortable
- Bad airflow
- Must adjust thermostat too often
- Odd odors
- Some rooms are warmer/colder than others
- Unusual noises
Indoor air quality is important to everyone, especially those with infants, or older or chronically ill family members.
Horizon Air Solutions: The Best Choice for AC Repair in Cypress & Houston
You have plenty of choices for AC repair in Houston, and you need affordable service without compromising quality. That’s the main reason to choose Horizon Air Solutions for superior heating and cooling.
Technology changes every industry’s service levels and products. Our licensed technicians get the necessary training and tools to explain your options and make reliable repairs.
Programmable thermostats and water heaters are good examples of how the latest technology can save money and energy.
Other reasons to choose us include:
- 100% satisfaction: If the job wasn’t done to your satisfaction, we’ll make it right.
- Bilingual: We have Spanish-speaking technicians.
- Licensed & insured: Always ask service professionals for proof of licensure and insurance to cover their employees and your property.
- Locally owned and operated: We’re Texans, too. With no franchises locked in, we can offer better prices for better service.
- NATE-certified: Not every HVAC professional is properly trained and has NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification. This means we hold ourselves to the highest industry standards.
- The best products & appliances: You can trust us. We take pride in our level of competency and our superior, top-rated products and services.
- Warranties: A 10-year warranty on new AC installations is great. But our one-year warranty for repairs is exceptional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the questions we receive about AC repair in the Houston area include:
Room temperature air is coming out of my vents instead of cool air. What does this mean?
This could be one of several problems:
- Evaporator coil/condenser: Eventually, coils and AC condensers can wear out. If your AC unit is eight to 10 years old, replacing the evaporator coil is e a big expense for a small return; it may be better to replace the unit. We can help you weigh your options.
- Filter: A dirty or clogged filter can block airflow. This can also cause evaporator coil and condenser problems. Filters should be changed every three months or more often if you smoke or have several pets.
- Refrigerant: Your AC unit could be low on refrigerant. This is usually the result of a leak.
- Registers/vents: Your vents can get clogged just like your AC filter. Also, a ductwork leak could send cool air everywhere except into your rooms. Let us know if your registers feel warm to the touch.
- Thermostat: When the AC isn’t blowing cool air, this is the first place to check. If it’s set correctly, there could still be a thermostat issue. Let us know.
I need to supplement my AC with fans. Is there a fix that will make my air conditioning stronger?
Ceiling fans are great air conductors and energy savers when used with an efficient heating and cooling system. But if you need standing fans to keep rooms cool because of weak airflow, that’s a problem. The cause could be a clogged filter, blocked air ducts, or a frozen evaporator coil. Sometimes AC parts replacement saves more money long-term than repair.
My outdoor AC unit has ice on it. How can that happen during 90-degree days?
It’s more common than you think for AC systems to “freeze up” on the hottest days. Causes include dirty air filter/coil, low refrigerant, or faulty wiring. This can be prevented with spring AC maintenance in Houston.
Don’t let Houston heat become a health risk. AC repair in Houston and Harris County is a priority for all of us, especially families with newborns, or older or chronically ill loved ones.
Why is my AC not working?
There can be many causes of a malfunctioning AC. Common causes include an improper thermostat setting, tripped circuit breaker, refrigerant leak, and inadequate maintenance.
How often should you replace your air conditioning unit?
Depending on the frequency of use and proper maintenance, an air conditioner will last an average of 10 to 15 years.
How often should I do maintenance on my air conditioner?
Air conditioning maintenance is recommended one to two times per year. Maintenance will improve indoor air quality and system performance.