Why Heat Pumps & Ductless Systems Are Becoming More Popular in Texas
The unique Texas climate has many homeowners wanting to upgrade their heating and cooling systems. But with countless options available, how do you know which system is right for your home?
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
There are two types of heat pumps — an air-source heat pump and a geothermal heat pump. An air-source heat pump transfers heat between your home and the outside air. More specifically, it moves heat from the outside air into your home during the cooler months and pulls the heat out to cool your home during hotter months.
Geothermal heat pumps transfer heat between your home and the ground. While air-source heat pumps transfer exterior air, geothermal heat pumps move heat through underground pipes to regulate a home’s temperature.
The Benefits of a Heat Pump
Are you ready to switch from a traditional heating and cooling system to a heat pump? Here are five benefits of a heat pump in Texas:
- Convenience: Since your heat pump provides heating and cooling, you’ll only have to maintain one system instead of two. That means fewer appointments and more significant savings over time.
- Energy efficiency: Heat pumps use nearly half the electricity of a standard system, offering savings on your energy bill.
- Tax credits & rebates: As an initiative to reduce our carbon footprint, there are federal and state incentives for installing heat pumps.
- Smaller carbon footprint: Heat pumps don’t use gas, oil, or propane to run, making them an eco-friendly choice.
- Maintenance: Heat pumps have lower overall maintenance costs.
How Ductless Mini-Splits Work
Ductless mini-splits rely on an indoor unit to pull the air from your home and transfer it through tubing to an outdoor unit. After a cooling and dehumidifying process, it re-sends the air through the tubes for distribution in your house.
One notable difference between ductless systems compared to central AC systems is that ductless systems eliminate the need for ducts. The air handler attaches to the wall in your home for air delivery.
The Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split for Your Home
Don’t settle for an old, clunky AC system for another day. Here are three benefits of having a ductless mini-split in Texas:
- Energy efficiency: Ductless mini-splits are highly energy-efficient, using less power to cool individual zones. This efficiency can lead to significant cost savings on your monthly energy bills.
- Zoning control: While a traditional HVAC system cools an entire home, ductless mini-splits function by cooling specific areas of the house. This technology helps you lower your energy consumption without sacrificing your comfort.
- No ductwork needed: Say goodbye to all the energy waste associated with ductwork.
- Enhanced indoor air quality: With allergens like pollen and dust prevalent in Texas, maintaining good indoor air quality is critical. Ductless mini-splits come with advanced filtration systems that help purify the air.
Schedule HVAC Services in Texas With Horizon Air Solutions
At Horizon Air Solutions, we’re a proud family-owned and -operated business that puts customers first. You can count on us for quality work, upfront pricing, and same-day service from a licensed and insured technician.
- Free estimates on service calls & replacements
- Service for all brands
- Coupons & specials
- Financing options