Ductless Air Conditioning Houston, TX
We all know that in Houston, it can get hot. And while traditional HVAC units are a great way to stay cool in the sweltering Houston heat, it might also be a good idea to consider alternative cooling systems as well, such as a ductless mini-split! The team at Horizon Air Solutions is trained in all ductless mini-split services, such as ductless mini-split installation, replacement, maintenance, and ductless mini-split repair. If you’re curious about how ductless mini-splits work, why you’d want one, and how Horizon can help you get them in your home, keep reading!
How Does a Ductless Mini-Split System Work?
Ductless mini-split systems are actually quite simple! You might have guessed by the name, but they don’t require any type of ductwork. Ductless cooling and heating systems consist of reversible, two-way heat pumps that transfer heat from one location to another. They do this by compressing and expanding refrigerants to deliver cool air to a specific zone of your house.
There are three parts to a ductless mini-split system: an outdoor unit, an indoor unit, and remote control. The outdoor unit sits on the ground level of your home and uses a bundle of cable lines to reach your indoor unit, which is placed on a centrally located wall. The remote control is used to change the temperature in the room to whatever is most comfortable for you and your loved ones.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A HOUSTON DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT SYSTEM?
The benefits of installing a ductless mini-split system in your Houston home are bountiful. Here are a few of the major ones:
- Each room in your home can stay at a different temperature. Because the air in the ductless system travels through pipes, not ducts, you have a lot of flexibility in deciding where air should go throughout your home. Your air won’t flow between different spaces—it goes where you want it to!
- They’re incredibly energy efficient. Because you have the option to only cool or heat the rooms that you need to, you can save a ton of money on energy bills. You’re only using the power that you need!
- The ductless mini-split installation process is a breeze. Like we said earlier because ductless mini-splits use piping, no ductwork, they’re super flexible and easy to install in your home, no matter how old it is!
- They’re great for people with allergies. Pipes collect less dust over time than traditional ductwork, which is great if either you or a loved one suffers from intense allergies or respiratory issues.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation and Replacement in Houston
One of the most important parts of a ductless mini-split system’s life is its installation. High-quality ductless mini-split installation can result in your ductless mini-split system working correctly for a long time, but on the other hand, a faulty ductless mini-split installation can result in a lot of ductless mini-split repairs down the road. For expert, trusted ductless mini-split installation services, look no further than the Horizon Air Solutions team. Our certified HVAC contractors can get your new system hooked up easily and efficiently. Or, if you already have a ductless system and need a replacement, we can take care of that process too! And we’ll do it all with superior customer service!
Call (713) 679-9225 or contact us online today to learn more about Horizon’s ductless mini-split installation and replacement services.
DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT REPAIR IN HOUSTON, TX
As great as a ductless mini-split system can be for your home, there may come a time where it begins to not work the way it should. Here are a few signs that you might be in need of ductless mini-split repair:
- Your system is not responding the way it should be. Using the remote control to lower the temperature and it’s not working? This might mean your system’s electricity source is having a hard time keeping up.
- Your system has been leaking. Have you been stepping in puddles? This might mean your AC line is filled with over-condensation or dirt. It’s a good idea to get this fixed before mold starts to grow.
- Your system is on the older side. Have you had your ductless mini-split unit for over 15 years? This is the usual life cycle of a mini-split system, so it might be a good idea to call a repairman to check it out if this is the case.
- Your unit has icy coils. Icy coils mean there’s a lot of dust or dirt in your air filters. This blocks air from flowing into your system and causes your refrigerant to freeze up. One of our technicians can fix this right up.
If you’ve noticed one or multiple of these issues, don’t wait any longer. Call Horizon Air Solutions at (713) 679-9225 or contact us online to get the ductless mini-split repair services you need.
HIGH-QUALITY DUCTLESS AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES HOUSTON
If you need ductless mini-split services in the Greater Houston area, look no further than Horizon Air Solutions. We are proud of our quality customer service and want to perform an above-and-beyond service in your home. We are a local, not national, company with clean, fully stocked trucks that come right to your home when you need us. Our NATE-certified techs are bilingual and here to assist you with any type of ductless mini-split service you need. Start working with the Horizon team today!