Heating Repair in Cypress & Houston, TX
Your furnace or heat pump breaking down unexpectedly is no fun, to say the least. It leaves you uncomfortable in your home and can pose serious health threats. You should never have to sit and wait for someone to come fix your heating system — you need service fast, and you need it now.
That’s why Horizon Air Solutions provides professional repair services for boilers, furnaces, and heat pumps throughout the Houston area. Our team has the experience and technology to assess the problem with your furnace, devise a plan for repair, and get your unit back up and running as quickly as possible.
We offer heating and furnace repair services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you’ll never be stranded without HVAC assistance.
Call Horizon Air at 713-679-9225 for high-quality furnace and heating repair services in the Houston area.
Heat Pump Repair, Boiler Repair & More
Horizon Air can perform heating repairs in Houston on any branded system you have. We do everything from gas furnace repair to geothermal heat pump repair. There are a variety of issues we typically see when we come out for heating repairs; the most common include:
- Electrical issues
- Problems with your ignition or pilot control
- System short-cycling
- Blower and fan problems
Call 713-679-9225 or contact us online for heating and furnace repair today if you’re facing any or several of these issues.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Most of the time, you’ll have a good idea when it’s time to call for furnace repairs in Houston. However, it’s always good to look out for any of the following signs. They could lead to more serious heating repairs in the future:
- Poor airflow
- Hot or cold spots around your house
- Your heating system is 10 to 15 years old
- System short-cycling
- Increased energy bills
- A leaky heating system
- Strange smells or noises coming from your unit
The best way to avoid these heating system issues is with routine heating maintenance. Furnace and heat pump maintenance ensures your system will work properly for longer and guarantees that a technician will identify a furnace problem before it becomes a costly heating repair.
You can call Horizon Air for both your furnace maintenance and furnace repair needs!
CHOOSE US FOR YOUR HEATING REPAIR NEEDS IN HOUSTON & WEST UNIVERSITY PLACE
At Horizon Air, nothing is more important to us than quality customer service. We’re a local, not national, franchise, meaning we’ll give you the individualized experience you expect. We’re proud that our technicians and consultants are bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish. We use modern technology to provide the easiest, most seamless experience possible.
Choose our NATE-certified technicians for your furnace services today!
Contact Us Today for Heater Repair in Houston, TX
Don’t wait! Call 713-679-9225 or contact Horizon Air online to get started with our heating and furnace repair in Houston.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the questions we receive about heating repair include:
How do I know when a repair is an emergency?
If your AC breaks and it’s more than 90 degrees outside, that’s an emergency. If your boiler, furnace, or heating system breaks and it’s 40 degrees or below, that’s an emergency too.
Signs to look for include:
- Air blows cool when you need warm air.
- HVAC system won’t turn on.
- If your heating unit turns on and off, this is called short-cycling, and it’s an emergency in minus 40-degree weather.
- Noises (clicking, clunking) can indicate an emergency.
- Odd smell — if it’s the odor of burning plastic/electronics, don’t delay. If you smell gas, call your utility company, then call us ASAP.
- Puddles or drips under your heating unit can be a frozen coil or refrigerant leak.
- You suspect you have a furnace carbon monoxide leak:
- Brown/yellow stains around the pilot light area of the unit.
- Pilot light keeps blowing out.
- You notice a gas-like exhaust smell.
Why is there a weird smell coming from my heat vents?
If you didn’t schedule fall heating maintenance, it’s not uncommon to smell burning dust the first time you turn on your heating unit. Odors you should be concerned about are:
- Burning plastic/electrical: Turn off your heating system immediately and call Horizon Air for emergency heating repair.
- Chemical/formaldehyde: A crack in the heat exchanger can cause this odor; it’s an emergency.
- Lingering odors: We have several solutions for “bad air.” The overwhelming smell of cooking grease, cigarette smoke, or pet urine isn’t an emergency, but it isn’t healthy, either. Schedule an indoor air quality assessment.
- Metallic: A heating unit component may be overheating. Turn the unit off and call us.
- Mold/mildew or “dirty socks”: This is not an emergency, but it’s a health risk. Schedule an HVAC inspection.
- Rotten eggs: This may indicate a gas leak. Turn off your heating unit, open windows, and call your utility company. Then call Horizon Air.
- Sewage: This is dangerous. It means a sewage line is leaking into some area of your heating system. Call us, but we may advise you to call a plumber before scheduling an emergency repair.
- Smoke: Turn off your heating system and call us ASAP.
How do I know when it's time to replace my furnace?
Without maintenance, your HVAC system will last about 10 years. If you’ve recently had two or more repairs to your furnace, boiler, or heat pump, it’s time to replace your heating system. A heating unit is a big financial investment. Fall furnace maintenance saves money by keeping your system running more efficiently for longer.
The winter storm of 2021 is proof that we should keep our heating systems in good condition!
If you have questions about heating system maintenance, call 713-679-9225 or contact Horizon Air Solutions.