Air Conditioning Maintenance in Cypress & Houston, TX
Air conditioning systems in Houston must deal with excessively high heat and humidity to keep your home comfortable, and that workload can take a toll on even the best systems.
That’s why routine maintenance is essential. It helps keep your AC operating as reliably and efficiently as possible while minimizing your cooling costs.
When you need a qualified team to keep your air conditioning equipment running smoothly, contact Horizon Air Solutions. We offer preventive AC maintenance throughout the Houston area and cost-effective AC maintenance agreements that help keep you up to date on maintenance year-round.
Our company features well-trained, NATE-certified technicians, exceptional customer service, and full licensing, insurance, and bonding for your protection. Count on us for all your heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality needs in the Houston metro area.
Has it been over a year since your air conditioning system was last serviced? Avoid breakdowns and problems by scheduling AC maintenance with our team at Horizon Air Solutions today.
The Benefits of Preventative AC Maintenance
Frequent care and maintenance are essential to the longevity and performance of your AC equipment, and these tasks can provide several benefits for your household:
- Improved comfort and air quality
- Reduced dust and humidity
- Lower cooling costs
- Finding problems before they cause failures
- Fewer breakdowns and service calls
- Lower repair costs
- Longer AC service life
The advantages of regular AC maintenance are clear. Call 713-679-9225 or contact us online to schedule maintenance today.
What To Expect During a Maintenance Visit
At Horizon Air Solutions, we recommend one maintenance visit for your AC unit per year, preferably in the early spring, before the cooling season starts. This ensures your air conditioner is fully prepared to tackle the heat and humidity of the Houston area.
During a typical AC maintenance visit, our technicians will:
- Perform a comprehensive system inspection
- Replace the air filter when necessary
- Clean the air handler and blower fan
- Lubricate bearings, pulleys, and bushings
- Inspect and adjust the blower fan belt
- Verify proper supply and return airflow and temperatures
- Check if the coils need to be cleaned
- Check refrigerant pressures and temperatures
- Inspect, tighten, and clean any loose or dirty electrical connections
- Test compressor start circuit, relay, and capacitor
- Measure voltage and current of compressor and fans
If you’re concerned about keeping up with your AC maintenance, sign up for one of our affordable HVAC maintenance agreements. They can remind you when service is due while providing two maintenance visits per year, plus priority service and other great benefits.
Contact us today to sign up for an HVAC maintenance agreement.
Call Today for Expert AC Maintenance in Cypress & Houston, TX
Be confident that your air conditioner can handle the heat and humidity of the Houston area with AC maintenance from Horizon Air Solutions. We’re fully stocked, well-equipped, and ready to handle all your air conditioning maintenance and AC repair needs in Houston and beyond.
Call 713-679-9225 today or contact us online to schedule AC maintenance in Houston or surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive about AC maintenance in Cypress and Houston, TX, are:
How long does professional AC maintenance take?
It only takes a few hours to do what we do! Your professional AC maintenance will include inspecting:
- Air filter
- Blower motor
- Condensate drain/line
- Condenser coil
- Electrical connections
- Fan blade
- Moving parts that might need lubrication
- Safety devices
- Service valves
- Start, operation, shutdown
How often should I do maintenance on my air conditioner?
Schedule professional AC maintenance in Southeast Texas once every year (March/April) — at a minimum. By August, we still have more months of hot weather ahead, so your fall HVAC maintenance should ideally include AC and heating.
DIY maintenance includes:
- Clean the outside condenser unit every 30–60 days. Leave a 2-foot clearance between the unit and shrubs/plants.
- Clean your registers every 30–60 days.
- Inspect/replace air filters as needed.
- Remove debris/dust accumulation from your indoor AC unit area every 60–90 days.
- Use ceiling fans year-round for better air circulation.
What are signs I need AC maintenance?
It’s always good to request an HVAC inspection and tune-up when you move into a new-to-you home with an existing system. We can give you an idea of how much life is left in your heating and cooling system.
Other signs you need AC maintenance, repair, or replacement are:
- Air smells (and feels) dank or humid
- Air is too warm
- Higher energy bills for no reason
- Higher humidity
- Need to adjust the thermostat frequently
- Short-cycling/tripped circuits
- Slow/no air
- Some rooms are too hot; others too cold
What happens if I don't keep up with maintenance?
If you don’t have professional AC maintenance, your heating and cooling system won’t last as long. It will operate inefficiently, which means your monthly energy bills will be higher. For most people, maintenance = pride of ownership.
If you plan to sell your home soon, a poorly maintained AC will lower your home’s value in a highly competitive market.